1. Consider how long you would like your hair extensions to last! For Example, if you are interested in hair extensions for just a specific event, then you may want to get temporary extensions like bonded or clip-in extensions.
2. Have you had extensions before? If not you may want to try bonded or clip-in extensions as well, because you will want to make sure you REALLY like having extensions before spending more money on the permanent techniques.
3. Do you have a sensitive scalp? Hair extensions can take a few days or more to adjust to, so you will need to be patent with getting used to them.
4. Know how to style your own hair with hair extensions! Don’t worry your stylist can assist you in learning how to take care of your extensions and also show you how to style your hair, but no matter how great it looks when your stylist does it, the daily upkeep is your responsibility. Following your stylists instructions to care for your hair extensions is very important and can make extensions last for months longer.
5. Know which type of Hair Extensions are Best for your Hair Texture. Some hair textures work better with some technique’s then others so keep that in mind when going to your consultation with your stylist and make sure you ask questions. Refer to our Hair Extensions Page for more detailed specifics on each Method of Hair Extensions.